Yonsentou-shin’s Tsuzuki Takunori Referred to Prosecutors Over Alleged Groping, Agency Suspends Him

Celebrity

Tsuzuki Takunori (都築拓紀), 29, a member of the comedy trio Yonsentou-shin (四千頭身), has been referred to prosecutors on suspicion of violating Tokyo’s public nuisance prevention ordinance and assault, according to Japanese media reports.

Police allege that in the early hours of late June 2026, Tsuzuki touched a woman in her 20s on the lower body over her skirt at an event venue in Tokyo. Some reports also claim he touched her face. The two reportedly had no prior acquaintance, and the case came to light after the woman consulted the Metropolitan Police Department in July. Tsuzuki was formally referred to prosecutors on August 18.

According to reports, Tsuzuki told investigators he had been drinking at the time and that his memory of the incident is unclear, but he has largely admitted to the allegations, reportedly telling police, \”I deeply regret it.\”

Tsuzuki’s talent agency, Watanabe Entertainment, issued a statement on its official website on August 18 confirming it had been informed of the referral by Tsuzuki himself. The agency said it was taking the matter \”extremely seriously\” and announced an indefinite suspension effective the same day.

The news has drawn a wave of criticism online. Amid the fallout, a resurfaced clip from an April 2024 episode of the Nippon TV variety show \”Daigo’s Comedian Receipt\” has also been circulating on X. In the segment, Tsuzuki described an episode involving singer Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, whom he referred to as a close friend, prompting host Daigo of the comedy duo Chidori to visibly react with unease, telling him, \”That’s seriously troublesome [for her].\” The clip has been widely shared as an example of past behavior now being reexamined in light of the current allegations.

Who is Tsuzuki Takunori?

Tsuzuki Takunori is a member of Yonsentou-shin, a comedy trio formed in 2016. The group advanced to the semifinals of Japan’s premier stand-up comedy competition, the M-1 Grand Prix, in 2019, and has since become a familiar presence on Japanese variety television.

Author’s Comment

Ah, the classic career trajectory: variety show cameo one year, police referral the next. I’ll say this much for the guy — admitting fault to police beats the usual \"I have no memory whatsoever\" routine we get from disgraced talents here, though \"I was drunk and don’t remember\" isn’t exactly a redemption arc either. What really tickles me is the internet detectives digging up a two-year-old TV clip like it’s forensic evidence. Japanese fans have a long memory and an even longer appetite for \"see, I knew something was off about him\" narratives. Watanabe Entertainment’s indefinite suspension is the standard playbook — vague enough to mean anything, quiet enough to make the story go away by autumn. Whether Tsuzuki’s career survives probably depends less on the court outcome than on how fast the next scandal steals the spotlight.

Sources

Copied title and URL